Moving from a large home to a smaller one because of life changes such as divorce, retirement, or a number of other reasons takes forethought. Financial considerations meld with other quality-of-life considerations. Among those might be where to move to next: the city, the suburbs, the country…
And there are logistical considerations as well, like what to keep, give away, or sell and how to coordinate everything.
If you are considering selling your current home and downsizing, the following might be some starting points:
- Where would you be most comfortable and what would that look like?
- What financial implications does downsizing have for you?
- Say good-bye to the things you never use.
- Pack one room at a time – start with the study…
- Consider donating items to charity and have them pick up those items.
- Organize and consider storage options
- … and call on professional help.
If you are considering selling property in San Francisco, click to get your free preliminary market analysis.